10 Blessed years in the service of the poor, the abandoned and marginalised - Sr Mary Jose

posted Oct 24, 2018, 7:45 AM by Neil D'Souza   [ updated Oct 24, 2018, 7:45 AM ]
“O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His loving kindness is everlasting.” (Chronicles 16:34)

As we, the Sisters of the Good Shepherd, celebrate the Golden Jubilee of our Foundation in Four Bungalows, Andheri (West), we would like to take you on a journey of our congregational history, our presence in India, our beginnings and developments of Good Shepherd ministries in Mumbai.

The Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd, commonly known as Sisters of the Good Shepherd, was founded in 1835 by Saint Mary Euphrasia Pelletier in Angers, France. As religious women, called to a mission of reconciliation, the Sisters of Good Shepherd express the charism of merciful love to uphold the worth and dignity of humanity. Today, the Sisters of the Good Shepherd are in over 74 countries around the world. In India since 1854, the sisters of the Good Shepherd continue the charism of Reconciliation through various ministries, preventing, protecting, and rehabilitating the vulnerable ones of society. Through prayer, witness and service, the Mission has expanded.

Good Shepherd Mission Partners comprising of staff, alumni, volunteers, benefactors, friends and our families, mutually share, support and develop the mission, taking greater responsibilities to continue the Good Shepherd Mission.

In November 2013, two Provinces were created in India – South West India Province consisting of Karnataka, Kerala and Delhi headquartered at Bangalore, and Central East India/Nepal Province comprising nine states of India, besides Nepal, with its headquarters at Nagpur.

Read More...